Monday, March 19, 2007

Late Departure

It didn't come on time, so now I'm stuck here waiting for it. I'm hungry, but I won't eat, because I am dieting; it's getting to where I think of hunger as a good thing. It means I'm winning.

So while I wait I am thinking about how historically, most strong communities were made up of one ethnicity/religious affiliation. Doesn't quite fit in with modern thinking, does it? I suppose a strong religious belief could pull together multiple ethnicities, but I don't think there is any other way around it.

I'm talking about the small areas like Chinatown, where there was an internal structure; self-governance by an identifiable group. That'll be rough too. Nobody understands this anymore.

I think I will have to wait until tomorrow. I hope it comes tomorrow. I don't like waiting so long.

No comments: