Friday, February 15, 2008

Brand Dead

Ghirardelli.

I've considered it a stable brand for a while, but yesterday I bought something that I thought was chocolate, but it really wasn't.

And I am quite upset. Ghirardelli was the go to brand. There was quality and consistency. I could satisfy a range of people with it. Children just don't get Santander Single Colombian Bittersweet Chocolate.

Now I can no longer trust the brand. I will have to read the freaking label to make sure I am actually buying chocolate and not something that is mostly palm kernel syrup and soy! When I grew up, my mother, for a little while, tried to get us to eat carob. I have never liked carob, but it tastes better than the candy making/dipping bar Ghirardelli is trying to pass off to the general public!

Ghirardelli- that name used to mean something. I don't know what it means anymore.

No comments: