Monday, March 30, 2009

Incompetent Is An Understatement

I made the mistake, in a fit of boredom, of turning the T.V. on this weekend.
I saw Geithner, the sorry excuse of a Treasury Secretary, talking to George Stephanopoulis. I'm sorry Mr. Geithner, the answer as to how we will avoid hyperinflation is not the awesome, independent power and existence of the Fed. Your incompetent answer is somewhat akin to suggesting you won't get AIDS because you've infected yourself with HIV to keep yourself safe! The virus causes the syndrome, Mr. Geithner, and the Fed has already increased the money supply to ridiculous levels. The subsequent rise in prices shall merely be the illness made manifest.

Geithner also repeated the lies about governments needing to act in times like these, that the market somehow failed, and that we need more credit, etc...
Okay, so I know even the president says this crap, but at least the president can do it with some panache. Geithner telegraphs his own stupidity to the point that he's not even competent to go on T.V. and even be mildy convincing. I don't think I'd even trust him to drive me anywhere.

I can't help but think that, as far as economics is concerned, we are so dead.
He actually suggested that his plan for the toxic assets would allow a market price to be set because the private buyers would be setting the price! No, Mr. Geithner, the subsidy you provide the private buyers will set the price! You know this because no one wants to buy this stuff now, especially not at the valuation the banks need in order to survive.

No comments: