Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Conceited Spirits

I've been thinking of this passage in regards to the false knowledge pervading modern political thought:

Matthew 12: 43"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

What can be said about the evil spirits can also be said about false knowledge. We can see where the conservative impulse fails; they are the sweepers. The purveyor's of conceit can always retake the house, especially since the conservatives never actually get rid of the institutions designed to provide false knowledge.

I do not, however, think this will last. I think I would be happier if I could provide some sort of organized resistance, but chaos theory comforts me most here, suggesting that it isn't necessary. From a structural standpoint, world governments have become too rigid. Unfortunately they think the solution is more centralization, which shall merely increase the pressure. Eventually this top-heavy structure crashes, and we will revert to a less complicated structure via necessity.
Unfortunately, it may not be exactly the sort of structure we want.

We should keep the house occupied, so they can't come back and move in again.

No comments: