Friday, October 19, 2012

Science: Let's See What We Can Make Up Today

From Futurity I find out someone wants me to believe PMS may not exist.
This a fruitcake meta-study published in Gender Medicine and their conclusion line leads me to believe they were more interested in arriving at a conclusion rather than extending human knowledge:
This puzzlingly widespread belief needs challenging, as it perpetuates negative concepts linking female reproduction with negative emotionality.
A puzzling widespread belief needs challenging alright- the notion that you idiots have any sort of relationship to science.  I could have a passable career making stuff up, if I could put up with these people for more than five minutes.  Seriously, do they hang out, smoke pot, and try to imagine outrageous ideas they can get funding for? 

I would totally end any sort of government funding for research.  I suppose there are a few foundations that are for this sort of nonsense, so, some of this silliness would continue, but eventually, the attitudes that pervade would change.

No comments: