Thursday, November 7, 2013

Small Diesel Engines

There are no small pickup truck diesels. There may be a car or two, but from what I understand the newer small diesel engines have been kept out of America, and this is a shame. Diesel is easier to store, safer, and easier to make. People can make biodiesel, or use pyrolysis and make it out of plastic. This makes it ideal for small communities. It seems to make sense for the country too, since it seems like a sensible thing for people to be able to be resilient.

I am generally against wasting my time with politics, but I do wonder what a lobbying campaign to repeal whatever laws are on the books against small diesel engines. I know Toyota sells similar trucks around the world, so I know there must be a legal reason they don't sell them here too.


No comments: