Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Coming Across Old Stuff

When I am of the mind to, I'll sit down and write something, but it never gets far enough for a book. If I journal about my life, I usually regret it because when I read it again I find it depressing. There is usually something good in this unfinished mass of stuff, though, and today I decided to put some of it up here on the blog- the stuff I assume didn't get up here before.

I don't think I can actually write a book, because I never know what is the shortest distance between what you know and where I want to take you. I never liked these assignments where you had to turn in a paper of a particular length. It seemed the topic required whatever it required and extra words were superfluous. My mother found this true too, especially in college.

No comments: