Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Another Bad Headline

Why Is Trump Acting So Spooked Over the Russia Investigation?

I'm reminded of the fact that the director of Sicario thought he was creating a 'strong' female character, while I thought he had completely forgotten about feminism. I watched the thing and figured he got so into the drug war story that he forgot about toeing the feminist line. Sicario, to me, rather explicitly illustrates why women shouldn't work in that field. The character was demonstrably in over her head from moment one, and functioned as extra dead weigth the professionals had to lug around.

But somehow this director thought he was demonstrating something completely different. Especially, if I remember correctly, what I perceived as her breakdown, was supposed to be illustrative of some sort of internal strength.

Perhaps, in some sort of dim light, in Universe B, most likely while getting paid by some spook agency, maybe NBC's headline might make sense.

Maybe 'spooked' means really pissed off at constant 24/7 bullshit. Come on. He knows he didn't do anything wrong. There's been plenty of surveillance before he came to office, and plenty of rehashing of what was already known in all these propagandistic 'investigations.' This is a total waste of money, and it exists because both parties in Washington D.C. don't want Trump to be able to do anything.

Crazy McCain, who usually just spends most of his time insulting Trump, actually came up with an incoherent point during the Comey hearings. While managing to sound like the senile old man that he is, he meant to point out that, if one is being fair in an investigation of Russian interference in a presidential campaign, both sides should be investigated. And it's true. Go get the damn DNC servers. Treat the campaigns equally. You might just find Russian collusion on the DNC side. Or just evidence of actual crimes rather than fake made up nothing so lame you can't even point to what the crime is.

I would be angry if someone was doing this sort of witch hunt to me. And I think, for non-media type people, Trump's behavior makes sense. Sure, there's the core left who will just believe he's guilty no matter what, but I don't think they are big enough for the media to survive on.

Incidentally- as horrible as this stupid headline is, at least I could read the idiotic piece, and link to it. I'll click on a wapo headline to see what in the hell they are talking about, and the screen whites out with the pay wall reading

Obviously, you love great journalism

Or something like that. And then I close the browser window.

Sometimes, I wonder if I shouldn't implement yet another tiny, personal boycott of a particular company that appears to be spending money on all this crap I don't like.

No comments: