Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A Discussion On Military Fitness Reminds Me Of My City Idea

I listen to Carl Lanore's Super Human Radio a lot, and recently he started having episodes which he calls Military Fitness Radio with a guy named Nate Morrison. Here is a link to the lastest one.

I decided to blog about this because I am hearing these guys talk about how to get into special forces shape. And it's walking. It's manual labor. There are mentions of the fact that Roman soldiers built roads. There's obviously some awareness of evolutionary fitness.

And it fits so well with these ideas that I've had for so long- of a city which has a strong agricultural component. You have the agricultural component both for food, and for the teen years. Why? Well, it is a long story. Montessori wrote about this. I recently heard Camile Paglia point out she keeps seeing students who never get people actually organized to behave cooperatively rather than that thin leftist story of oppression and control. Apparently, some familiarity with real bullshit helps one avoid the propagandistic bullshit.

But oddly enough, Nate Morrison's explanation of what it takes to train special forces soldiers suggests to me that some government somewhere really ought to be thinking about it.
Because fourth generation warfare relies heavily on the light infantry soldier.

So, anyone with actual sense in their heads would want children growing up with a relatively high level of activity so that they can segue into light infantry should the need arise.

Briefly, I imagine a relatively dense built environment arranged in a sort of hand pattern, with 'fingers' coming off a central core. In between the fingers would be agricultural land. But even within the built parts, I would like to see trees and gardens. If had the money, I'd visit Jiyugaoka and similar sites in Japan for research on the urban side. The agricultural side would likely lean heavily on permaculture design.

But I again find it interesting that so many things reinforce the idea. Not that I think this will necessarily be apparent to a casual reader. Various problems in modern life come from the same seed, so to speak. And one of the realities is that we can't just 'fix' everything. No. I would be happy seeing a generation of children growing up without the current load of crap coming from our environment and the left. They could get so much further along if they didn't have to correct for completely nonsensical mistakes SJW adults make.

Anyway, I want to make a note here that having teens do agricultural work actually means they get a better education than they do now. It is part of an educational, formational approach that should be a massive improvement.

No comments: