Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Free The Washing Machines!

Brian Micklethwait's rejoinder to what risk assessment has to do with whether or not marijuana should be legalized:

Not myself having any plans to take cannabis, I have tended to remain rather ignorant of the details of the riskiness argument, because I just do not think that this is what matters, any more than I favour denationalised washing machine businesses (which I do), because of and following long years spent studying the internal workings of washing machines.

Every year there are far more injuries, as well as death, due to various sports. Soccer, I'm told can be particularly dangerous. But as far policy is concerned, the true danger isn't what is banned, but the force structure created to enforce the ban. The police make military style raids on homes, they have been known to kill people and animals, and sometimes they get the wrong address.

No comments: